User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-21 14:51:56

TNMN
User

BASEmesh 'worker' script raised an error

Dear all,

I'm trying to get a go on the basemesh-plugin in Qgis.
I'm running a "newish" Mac with a M2 chip (arm-architecture). As I got into reading regarding basemesh, I found it is not working on macOS for now.
Therefore I set up a vm, running ubuntu and install Qgis as well as basemesh.

I followed some basic examples in qgis, but when I run the quality mesh I get the following error:
The BASEmesh worker raised an error. See details for traceback and additional information.
CalledProcessError: 126 "~/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/basemesh_v2/libs/basemesh/triangle/bin/triangle_linux_64" - q28.0.Aa "tmp/tmp6l8xpa63/triangle_2023-12-21_14-32-12.poly"

When I hit the details button, it says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tim/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/basemesh_v2/_worker.py", line 83, in run
    value = self.target(self.feedback, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/tim/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/basemesh_v2/gui/qualmesh.py", line 351, in worker
    mesh = quality_mesh(*builder.build(), holes, regions, **kwargs)
  File "/home/tim/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/basemesh_v2/libs/basemesh/_meshing.py", line 124, in quality_mesh
    output = triangulate(nodes, segments or (), holes, regions,
  File "/home/tim/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/basemesh_v2/libs/basemesh/triangle/_triangulate.py", line 292, in triangulate
    run_triangle(input_path, triangle_cmd, redirect_stdout)
  File "/home/tim/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/basemesh_v2/libs/basemesh/triangle/_triangulate.py", line 226, in run_triangle
    raise subprocess.CalledProcessError(return_code, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '"/home/tim/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/basemesh_v2/libs/basemesh/triangle/bin/triangle_linux_64" -q28.0Aa "/tmp/tmp6l8xpa63/triangle_2023-12-21_14-32-12.poly"' returned non-zero exit status 126.

So, as far as I'm able to read the informations this seems to have something to do with worker.py script. I had a look at the lines, but can't get a meaning out of it.

Does anyone has any idea what I could possibly do, or what the problem is? Is it because I'm working on an arm architecture? When I read the Error message, the last bit "triangle_linux_64" leaves me the feeling this has to do with the hardware?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Best regards Tim

Board footer