User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-18 13:45:17

sua87
User

Elevation Mesh not recongnised for advanced interpolation

I experience the problem that the elevation mesh created (successfully, displayed correctly initially) cannot be used for advanced interpolation as it does not appear in the list of available elevation sources. This is if I add the elevation mesh to the QGIS-project. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the elevation mesh.
If the elevation mesh is produced on the spot, it appears in the list. However, sometimes Basemesh crashes after the (successful?) generation of the elevation mesh and the project needs to be reopened.

Has anybody else experienced the same issue? How can it be solved?

#2 2023-04-18 15:04:03

Matteo Facchini
Developer

Re: Elevation Mesh not recongnised for advanced interpolation

Hi,
that has never occurred to me, but I notice the same behavior (GIS v. 3.28.5 and basemesh v. 2.2.0).

You may have already found a solution, but you could rasterize your mesh selecting bed elevation as dataset group, then use the output raster to interpolate your quality mesh in advanced mode.

Last edited by Matteo Facchini (2023-04-19 08:26:17)

#3 2023-04-18 15:17:21

sua87
User

Re: Elevation Mesh not recongnised for advanced interpolation

Hi Matteo

Thanks for the idea for the workaround.
I know reran the elevation meshing witout an error, so it worked. However I'm still interested in a "proper" solution, as you might have to move meshs from one project to another (and don't want to create a new mesh everytime).

btw, I'm using BaseMesh 2.2.0 and QGIS 3.28.4 LTR

Board footer