User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-25 09:14:19

Alex
User

Maximum .cgns-file size

Hello everyone,

I want to run morphological model over a rather long period of time (50 years). In some test-runs, after some time i got an cgns-error and the cgns-file always was around 2GB.
Is this a hardware related problem or can Basement only handle a maximum .cgns-file size?

Thanks a lot

#2 2015-06-30 09:02:54

Sam
Developer
Website

Re: Maximum .cgns-file size

hi alex,
as far as I know there is NO file size limitation on cgns-restart files in BASEMENT. the file size of 2GB in your case could be an coincidence...
could you please give more information about the CGNS-ERROR you get?
cheers

#3 2015-06-30 10:32:57

Alex
User

Hi Sam,

the error says: "CGNS ERROR: could not find 'TimeIterValues' node error: goto path not found"

I tried various (exaggerated) restart time steps when a solution should be written (every 60, 180, 300, 3600 seconds and every week) in order to find out if the simulation stops due to the file size or at a certain timestep. With different restart time steps the simulation stopped at different times, but the file was always about 2 GB big. That´s what led me to thinking that Basement can´t handle files this big.

But if it´s not a limitation of Basement, what else could it be?

cheers

#4 2015-07-01 09:10:47

Sam
Developer
Website

ok. Most probably the problem is related to a 2GB file size limitation on your drive where you want to store your simulation results. As a starting point have look here.

Board footer