User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-29 16:18:21

LydiaSeitz
User

Topo Restart File

Hello everybody,

I would like to restart my sediment transport model with the topo restart file but it doesn´t work. In the MORPHOLOGY Block I changed the type to "continue" and loaded the XX_topo_restart.bmg file. I hope this is correct. When I try to run the model it immediately crushes without any error-message. There is also nothing written in the log-file.

When I open the topo_restart file with the "Edit 1-D Grid" there were some warnings due to rounding errors which I could fix easily. But I still doesn´t run.

Any idea what could be wrong?

I am using Version 2.5.1

Best wishes
Lydia

#2 2015-06-29 17:06:16

Stephan Kammerer
Developer

Re: Topo Restart File

Hey Lydia,

in order to restart your simulation concerning MORPHOLOGY, you have to select the type "continue" in the INITIAL block and then load the file XX_SedRestart.dat. This file contains the information about the mixture and thickness of the active layer (a) and the sublayer (s0) for every cross section of your 1D topography.
If you're just interested in the topography of the previous simulation and no information about the mixtures is required, you can also use the XX_topo_restart.bmg file in the GEOMETRY block (instead of your original topography) and therefore stay with the type "initial_mesh" in the INITIAL block.

I hope this is not too confusing!
Best regards Stephan

#3 2015-06-30 06:56:26

LydiaSeitz
User

Re: Topo Restart File

Hi Stephan,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I thought the "type = continue" would be for the topo_restart and not for the SedRestart as it is written in the help text ("continue" - ...The restart file contains the final topography from the former simulation...). But I didn´t pay attention on the part ..."its layers and soils compositions".

Anyway, I am really glad it´s working smile

Best wishes
Lydia

Board footer