User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-21 10:06:16

NinoMinicucci
User

No edges found for node string <....>

no edges found for node string <....>, in file: /builds/BASEMENT/BASEMENT-OP2/src/BASEplane/setup/Mesh.hpp on line 89, version v3.0.2
-> ... unfortunately BASEMENT is killed!

During my latest simulations I've encountered this error. I've tried to redesign the breaklines layer and also the stringdef layer but this message still persist.
Thanks for the supply.
Best regards

#2 2022-09-21 10:15:52

NumericalSam
User

Re: No edges found for node string <....>

I encountered this error also when a node string was specified with an incorrect node ID sequence. So for example when there is no element connection between the subsequent nodes or when some node ID was missing in between in the 2dm file. STRINGDEFS must have a direct element egde connection to work correctly. Have you checked for this type of error?

#3 2022-09-21 11:00:10

NinoMinicucci
User

Thanks for the reply. It seems strange to me that even make a completely different breakline and stringdef layer this error still occur. I would to know what are the factors that influence the process.
Anyway, I will try to follow your suggestion.

**EDIT**
I've checked the NS sequence that give me problems and I've found that the nodes are ordered in a wrong way respect the correct sequence. How can it be possible? Moreover this problem occurs only for a determined NS while for the others it doesn't show.

Last edited by NinoMinicucci (2022-10-03 09:17:16)

#4 2023-04-07 14:15:55

Matteo Facchini
Developer

I have encountered the same problem.
To me this is a bug.
I opened a new thread in the bug section, since I cannot move this one.

The issue is not addressed in the repository

Last edited by Matteo Facchini (2023-04-07 15:38:59)

Board footer