User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-10 13:41:10

Gnoebbas
User

Error using BASEmesh - Interpolation

Hello

I recently got an Error message while trying to elevate the heights of my generated mesh using the BASEmesh - Interpolation plugin.
I found another topic regarding the OSError: [Errno 22] which i got aswell. If this problem/post is related to this topic feel free to ignore or remove my post.

This is the error i got :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users/Gauss/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\basemesh\plugin\gui\worker.py", line 90, in run
    value = self.target(self.feedback, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "C:\Users/Gauss/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\basemesh\plugin\gui\interpol.py", line 216, in worker
    interpol_mesh = Mesh.open(target_layer.source())
  File "C:\Users/Gauss/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\basemesh\core\mesh.py", line 310, in open
    with py2dm.Reader(filename) as reader:
  File "C:\Users\Gauss\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\python\plugins\basemesh\packages\py2dm-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl\py2dm_read.py", line 72, in enter
    self.open()
  File "C:\Users\Gauss\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\python\plugins\basemesh\packages\py2dm-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl\py2dm_read.py", line 432, in open
    super().open()
  File "C:\Users\Gauss\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\python\plugins\basemesh\packages\py2dm-0.2.1-py3-none-any.whl\py2dm_read.py", line 277, in open
    with open(self.filepath) as file:
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: '2DM:"C:/Users/Gauss/Desktop/MASTERarbeit/fehlersuche3.2dm"'

One thing to note is that i only could assign an elevation under the advanced section, since the basic dropdowns did not show any option at all.
I assume that the problem is related to Programm and Plugin versions!?!. So i am currently using the 3.22.6 version with the 2.0.9 version of the Basemesh plugin.

Thanks in advance
Jan

#2 2022-05-16 09:51:38

Matteo Facchini
Developer

Re: Error using BASEmesh - Interpolation

Hi,
the issue is known and there should be a bugfix release soon.
Best
Matteo

#3 2022-06-07 11:34:03

leonhard_s
User

Hi,

Said bugfix is now available on the BASEmesh code repository: BASEmesh v2.0.10

Note that this version is not yet fully compatible with older versions of QGIS - though any versions that display the bug described above are supported.

Best regards,
Leonhard

#4 2022-06-14 14:40:06

Gnoebbas
User

Hello,

i tested the "fix" by installing via the linked zip and QGIS version 3.22.7. However is still get an error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users/Gauss/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\basemesh\plugin\gui\worker.py", line 90, in run
    value = self.target(self.feedback, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "C:\Users/Gauss/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\basemesh\plugin\gui\interpol.py", line 242, in worker
    interpol_mesh.save(output_path)
  File "C:\Users/Gauss/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\basemesh\core\mesh.py", line 893, in save
    with py2dm.Writer(filename, materials=num_materials) as writer:
TypeError: init() got an unexpected keyword argument 'materials'

I still cant choose the Raster via dropdowns, only in the advanced section. I used basement version 2.0 and QGIS 3.16 in the meantime working fine for me in most cases. Unless i get the other error i described here:https://forum.basement.ethz.ch/viewtopic.php?id=5445

Best Regards
Jan

Last edited by Gnoebbas (2022-06-14 14:44:59)

Board footer