User Forum of Software BASEMENT

BASEMENT
Basic Simulation Environment for computation of environmental flow and natural hazard simulation
Laboratory of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Glaciology (VAW)
ETH Zurich
Basement_Logo

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-12 10:15:26

lorenzo.scopetani
User

Qsed output inside the mesh

Good morning
It's possible to extract Qsed output [m3/s] values whithin the mesh and only for some elements in a 2d sediment transport model?
I know that it's possible for the boundary of the model, but it's also possible for some cells or nodes?
I must to extract this values to compare my model for two scenarious, the first with and the second without the interferences caused by a landlslide.
I would know also if it's possible to introduce a internal source of sediment, like a sediment hydrograph, inside and not at the boundary of the mesh model.
Thanks

Last edited by lorenzo.scopetani (2021-10-12 10:50:13)

#2 2021-10-12 16:57:49

Matteo Facchini
Developer

Re: Qsed output inside the mesh

Hi Lorenzo

you can use the stringdef_history special output.

Refer to the Input block structure (open basement, click on "Help", select "Input block structure" then go to BASEMENT_v2.8.1/doc_BASEMENT.html#block_2.4.5.1), to the manual and to the tutorials if you want to know more about it.

Cheers

#3 2021-10-13 13:27:04

lorenzo.scopetani
User

Re: Qsed output inside the mesh

Thanks for your reply.
I think that for my problem I can use the special output "grain_bedload", so over all my nodes I can extract Qsed [m3/s] for every time step.
But I don't understand how the software calculated this Qsed [m3/s], so when I load this sol. files what we can see? Qsed is an average for the cells or for the nodes? if I select "node_cenetered" type I think the results file is only for the node center of the cell, and so I can see how sediment flow [m3/s] enters in my nodes every time steps, it's right?
Thanks

Board footer